Photography in London - July 2011

On 1st July, I spent the day in London exploring the current photography exhibitions. Catching the 5.45am train from Wigan, I arrived at London Euston at 7.55 and made my over to St. Pancreas to see Entente Cordiale, part of the London Street Photography Festival. And also saw Ticket to Life by Kate Garcia.

Following a coffee and an idea for photographing the spot I was sat at over a period of time, I made my way to the British Library to see Street Markets of London in the 1940s, then back over to the German Gymnasium for the London Street Photography Festival Vivian Maier exhibition and International Street Photography Award.

Catching the tube from Kings Cross to Piccadilly I tried to walk up Glasshouse Street as I read recently that it may have got its name due to the number of victorian photographer's studios there - but building work meant I couldn't walk along it, so I carried on to the Lomography store in Carnaby where I managed to buy a film for my camera and get a few ideas for different formats I'd like to try in future.

Next stop was Tate Modern - approaching via Millenium Bridge I took several photos around here before going in to see Photography: New Documentary Forms, Artists Rooms: Diane Arbus, Taryn Simon, and States of Flux

Then, finally at about 4pm I visited the Museum of London London Street Photography exhibition which had photos from 1860 onwards. I spent the rest of the weekend in London and finished the film which I can process back at my darkroom in Wigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment